Wednesday 31 October 2012

Summer Fete at the Trust Centre

Kelly Sarginson and other students at the Trust Centre organised a fundraising event in aid of the Child Brain Injury Trust. 


Those cake look delicious!
On the 26th June 2012 students at the Trust Centre all gathered with family and staff to enjoy a garden fete in the grounds of Alderwasley Hall School. 

Everyone helped by baking cakes and bringing in items to sell. They sold bric a brac, books, clothes, cakes and held a raffle. There was also the chance to have your face painted. 

We would like to thank Kelly Sarginson and the other students at the Trust Centre who worked hard to organise this garden fete in aid of the Child Brain Injury Trust. 

Kelly decided to organise the fundraising event; "I chose this charity because I have got a brain injury myself and I wanted to help others like me."

"I got a lot out of the experience  -  I learned a lot about The Child Brain Injury Trust, learned about how much planning and hard work goes into something like this and it was great to be able to do something for somebody else."

This was a great opportunity to help us raise awareness; we would like to thank everyone involved and a big well done for raising £158.65.

Theresa attending the cheque presentation. 
Posted by Emily Honey, Fundraising Assistant emilyhoney@cbituk.org