Tuesday 10 January 2012

Day 8 - Challenge 21 - injured but keeping afloat!

Today was the 8th mile I have swam - I thought I might not make it this morning as I have have pulled a muscle in my arm which is causing some 'smarting' issues. However, I pushed through it and found myself at waters edge at 7am - alone today.

The water is really not too bad - quite warm and clean, although my skin is beginning to develop an aroma of chlorine which I can smell all day (how do Olympians cope?).

Also the hair drier was broken today which added to my 'drying time' considerably!!!!

I have decided to alter my technique tomorrow whereby I'll introduce the 'back stroke' into my swimming schedule for variety and to help avoid any boredom that might creep in.

I am still a little short of the target I want to raise , so if you would like to support me you can through www.virginmoneygiving.com/lisaturan